Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How Many Calories Noodles

Montanelli From now ... my little contribution to journalism today March 8

Many years ago (I do not know to be correct but not a false modesty because I really did not remember) in the course of History of Journalism at the Faculty of Humanities degree in Communications at the Catholic University Milan, intervened in the classroom, the teacher Indro Montanelli. Usually in that course that day but did not participate in any classroom, as you can imagine, it was packed: more. Quick with my (very useful for my first scooter news reports) you reach the parking lot of Catholic and I quickly rushed into the classroom and, climbing up some colleagues of course not, I perched in a corner, among the notebooks of journalists and true books of the Divine Master University of us.
For several days the teacher had talked about the arrival of the great journalist and we all, aspiring and practicing journalists, we were in an uproar humoral and technical.
For many expectations resting on that day because I was sure I could capture in 45 minute lecture (keynote) the secrets of this craft.
did not. Montanelli came overwhelmed by applause. The professor even had time to present it, also because there was no need, that the great journalist took the microphone in his hand and said: "If anyone in here wants to make changes, the journalist profession that there 'place to work and no one. "
I heard only the words.
I went mentally sending him a curse-word and saying to myself: "If all the old like you do not give way obvious that there will be less and less for young journalists."
was wrong but I think that my thinking was wrong even Montanelli. I continued to follow and once published also a letter from me (even if on behalf of my sister!) on the issue of euthanasia, and he responded with the same bitter tone which is affected, even in writing, that voice hateful and bitter that I had not moved away from the profession but from the Chamber .
Years later I remember this fact because tomorrow I will hold a course on communication (how to write a press release and an article) in Milan for the CGM and young aspiring communicators present only try to give some little secret I learned in these 15 years the average journalist, even a low level by inviting them to try and try again if this is the way the profession, who want to pursue.
not discourage them as I have never been discouraged in front of "Carmina non dant panem" ripetutimi constantly by my father at times to stimulate other .... honestly I do not know why. My
"carmina" for now, give me a bit 'of bread in my mouth and my family. I have almost reached a level of autonomy and economic rights. I went out alone, day after day, speech after speech, written after written without the help of anyone who's not even reading this piece on my blog, made a comment which for me has always been a stimulus to write yet.
to write again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment